We all want to be as safe as possible when out and about.
Here are some simple precautions you can take...
When you are on a night out
- Where possible, don’t walk around at night on your own.
- Try to stay in well-lit, crowded areas.
- Don't accept drinks from people you don't know.
- Don't leave your drink unattended.
When you are travelling
- Taxis and Ubers: Getting a taxi? Use a valid taxi service or online cab checker to confirm it is licensed. You can send the registration number to a friend so that they know which car you've got in.
- Taxis and Ubers: Feeling uneasy about a driver? Listen to your instincts: if in doubt, don't get in the car.
- Cars: Make sure your car has enough fuel to complete your journey. Check it for broken lights, windscreen cracks.
- Cars: Park in busy areas where there is good lighting, especially at night.
- Cars: Never give a lift to a stranger.
- Trains and buses: Waiting for the 18:03 or the number 42? Stand in a well-lit place near other people.
- Trains and buses: Someone bothering you? Tell the guard or driver - you can stay with them if you continue to feel uncomfortable.
Looking after your belongings
- Do not be over-protective of your belongings.If you are a victim of theft (and the chances are very low), you can get a new phone and you can order new bank cards. If you are in a dangerous situation leave your possessions and seek help in the nearest safe place.
- Keep your bag closed: if it is open an opportunist thief is more likely to see what you have and take it.
Read More - source crimestoppers-uk.org
Keeping your smartphones (and tablets) safe... It's Easier Than You Think! 5 quick tips that can help keep your mobile devices (and the information stored on them) secure. Part of the Cyber Security: Small Business Guide …
When you’re a small retailer responsible for your building, stock and cash on premises, security can become a bit mind boggling, especially if you only have a couple of staff to hand. Being safe however, isn’t about numbers; …
Find a Security Professional