We all want to be as safe as possible when out and about. Here are some simple precautions you can take:
When you are on a night out
- Where possible, don’t walk around at night on your own.
- Try to stay in well-lit, crowded areas.
- Don't accept drinks from people you don't know.
- Don't leave your drink unattended.
When you are travelling
- Taxis and Ubers: Getting a taxi? Use a valid taxi service or online cab checker to confirm it is licensed. You can send the registration number to a friend so that they know which car you've got in.
- Taxis and Ubers: Feeling uneasy about a driver? Listen to your instincts: if in doubt, don't get in the car.
- Cars: Make sure your car has enough fuel to complete your journey. Check it for broken lights, windscreen cracks.
- Cars: Park in busy areas where there is good lighting, especially at night.
- Cars: Never give a lift to a stranger.
- Trains and buses: Waiting for the 18:03 or the number 42? Stand in a well-lit place near other people.
- Trains and buses: Someone bothering you? Tell the guard or driver - you can stay with them if you continue to feel uncomfortable.
Looking after your belongings
- Do not be over-protective of your belongings.If you are a victim of theft (and the chances are very low), you can get a new phone and you can order new bank cards. If you are in a dangerous situation leave your possessions and seek help in the nearest safe place.
- Keep your bag closed: if it is open an opportunist thief is more likely to see what you have and take it.
Read More - source crimestoppers-uk.org
When you’re a small retailer responsible for your building, stock and cash on premises, security can become a bit mind boggling, especially if you only have a couple of staff to hand. Being safe however, isn’t about numbers; it’s …
Criminals know there is a lot of money to be made by duping people into handing over cash or security details and it can be difficult to know how to protect yourself, especially as criminals' tactics are becoming more sophisticated and varied. …
My Submission Cart
Your cart is empty
Find a Security Professional
FREE TRIAL + FAST TRACK LISTING
Sign-up for a monthly listing into the UKSecurityAdvisor.com Directory and receive the first trial month FREE
Sign into your account